All job openings are posted on EdJoin. Please continue to check there for the most up-to-date list of job postings. Click on the links for each open position below to view full description on EdJoin. This page was last updated on 8/22/17.
The following teaching and staff positions are currently posted on EdJoin.
#ServeAYear as an AmeriCorps VISTA Member
We are currently looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA member to serve a year at YouthBuild Charter School of California as our STEM Career Development Project Leader. By serving through VISTA at YouthBuild Charter, you’ll gain new professional skills, build meaningful relationships, and lasting experiences—plus you’ll get the satisfaction that comes from helping others. Working with our leadership team provides VISTAs an invaluable opportunity to learn about the world of education through charter schools in California, multi-site organizational management, partnership cultivation, and so much more.
Although VISTAs are considered volunteers, they do receive compensation, including:
- A modest living allowance based on the local poverty rate ($15,996 for Los Angeles)
- AmeriCorps Education award ($5,815) or cash stipend ($1,500) upon completion of a full year of service, and forbearance for government backed student loans
- Child care benefits (if eligible)
- Relocation assistance of $500 if moving more than 50 miles
- 20 days off per year (for both sick days and vacation time)
- Public Transportation Stipend up to $75 per month for job-related transit
Please read the descriptions below.
STEM Career Development Project Leader: This VISTA will work to create strategies and develop programs and resources that increase the number of YouthBuild students who have opportunities to interact with and/or pursue careers in STEM. This VISTA would work to maintain and cultivate new relationships with tech companies in Los Angeles, help develop college and career pathways for our graduates, and secure funding for tech programming at YCSC. Additionally, this VISTA would help with the school’s annual CODEchella event. Interested? Apply online here or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Emily Suttmeier dos Santos with any questions about VISTA service:
213-741-2600 x206 or via email at email@example.com