Rising Stars Business Academy YouthBuild
Our Mission is to provide every single student with a high quality:
1. Classroom Education
- RSBA YouthBuild will prepare students for meeting the California State requirements for receiving a high school diploma through authentic based projects.
- Each project per subject focuses on academic, post-secondary, and social justice content.
2. Community Leadership
- RSBA YouthBuild will provide students with leadership training in how to become a leader and take responsibility for themselves, family, and their community.
- Students will participate in community involvement projects. Community service projects will be one Saturday every month, all students are required to participate.
- RSBA YouthBuild will provide ongoing supportive services through advisory committees for: crisis management, problem solving, goal setting and future planning; if necessary, we will refer students to a consultant agency for alcohol and drug abuse counseling.
- Students will participate in weekly workshops for Etiquette and The Ambassadors of Compassion.
4. Career Development
- RSBA YouthBuild will prepare students for: job placement and vocational training, interviews, the college enrollment process, and career assessment.
- Students will also learn soft skills and resume writing
5. Construction Training
- RSBA YouthBuild will provide extensive vocational education in basic construction skills and general competencies.
- Students will learn: the history of construction, labor unions and laws, and safety compliance for working on construction sites; the potential advancement for employment in construction such as, management, architecture and engineering; understanding blueprints.
What’s Happening in MoVal:
Check out some of our teacher’s class websites: